SAFETY is our Number One Priority
Spartan Firearms reserves the right to refuse use of the range or service to any person for any reason.
Basic Firearm Safety Rules
Always treat and assume all firearms are loaded and ready to fire.
Keep your finger off the trigger and outside of the trigger guard until you are on
target and ready to fire.
Always keep your firearm pointed in a safe direction and keep your muzzle away
from anything you do not want to destroy.
Be certain of your target, your line of fire, and what lies in front of and beyond
Keep the manual safety on the firearm engaged until you are on target and ready
In the event that hot brass should fall into your clothing, calmly set your firearm on the booth table before removing the hot brass.
Eye and Ear protection is required AT ALL TIMES WHILE ON THE RANGE.
SPARTAN FIREARMS RANGE SHOOTING RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Eye and ear protection are required on the range at all times. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- DO NOT go forward of the red line under any circumstances. If an item has fallen beyond your reach, contact range personnel for assistance.
- Firearms MUST BE POINTED DOWN RANGE at all times when inside shooting booth and pointed BARRELS UP when anywhere else in the range, lobby or entry area to the range. Leave rental guns in their basket until you enter your shooting booth and upon exiting your shooting booth.
- DO NOT BRING ANY LOADED OR JAMMED GUNS INTO THE LOBBY.
- If you need assistance with your firearm, leave it in the booth facing downrange and contact range personnel for assistance. DO NOT disassemble or attempt to repair range rentals.
- Only one shooter in the booth at a time. Only one other non-shooter is allowed.
- Targets must be mounted below the designated line on the cardboard backers. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Do not shoot the ceiling, the deflector plates, or the target trolley. All shots must go straight into the backstop.
- The following ammunition types are not allowed inside the range. These types will be confiscated by range personnel and returned when you check out:
- Shotgun ammunition that is not 00 buckshot or a single slug
- Steel Jacketed/Armor Piercing/Steel Core
- Military surplus ammunition
- Steel case ammo
- NO “BumpFire” stocks, binary triggers or “faux-auto” trigger kits are allowed in the range. NO RAPID FIRE.
- Upon hearing the command “CEASE FIRE”, unload your firearm, place it on the bench with the action open, step back to the tables, and await further instructions.
- Rental firearms must only use ammunition purchased at SPARTAN FIREARMS during the current visit.
- DO NOT throw live ammunition down range or throw away in trash cans. Place rounds in the clearing bins located along the left wall of the shooting bay.
- No loading magazines or firearms outside of stalls.
- No shooting across lanes allowed.
- No “two-gunning”. You may only shoot one firearm at a time in your stall.
- DO NOT shoot from the hip. Only proper aimed fire is allowed.
- No holsters on your person or drawing from a holster unless you are a sworn peace officer, a concealed carry permit holder, armed security, or under the supervision of an instructor allowed to teach at SPARTAN FIREARMS. Credentials will be inspected before entry. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No shoulder, cross-draw, or small of the back holsters are allowed to be used on the range for safety precautions.
- If a holstered firearm exits the booth, it must be unloaded, with no magazine inserted, and the slide locked to the rear.
- All firearms must be UNLOADED and in a case/container when transported in the lobby and/or parking lot. CCW/law enforcement are exempt.
- Parents/guardians are solely responsible for the minors in their charge and must be present with them at all times in the range or in the lobby. NO SHOOTERS UNDER 10 YRS OF AGE.
- Due to the risk of lead exposure and high auditory reports from firearms, PREGNANT women are STRONGLY DISCOURAGED from being inside the range.
- Range personnel retain the right to dismiss anyone from the premises without refund observed handling firearms in an unsafe manner, not following the rules and regulations stated above, or suspected to be under the influence of controlled substances.
- No kneeling or prone shooting.
- No black powder or muzzle loaders allowed on the range.